Mining & Resources
The Competence Centre for Mining & Resources (CCMR) at the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Sydney was established in 2015 as part of a worldwide network of 7 Mining Competence Centres in resource-rich countries (Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Peru, South Africa, Ghana) – the German Mining Network.
Supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), the Competence Centre’s main mandates are:
- To be the first point of contact in Australia for German companies, organisations and institutions as well as their Australian counterparts with a focus on mining & resources
- To foster bilateral collaboration and trade between Australia and Germany.
- To facilitate and accelerate market entry and expansion for German businesses, subsidiaries or representations
- To support German investors with an interest in the Australian mining and resources sector
- To support the German manufacturing industry with their raw materials needs, especially in regards to metals for future technologies
Australia is one of the world’s leading mining countries, exporting a wide range of mineral and energy resources – not only “traditional” resources like iron ore, gold or coal, but also “future” minerals like Lithium or Rare Earths Metals with high importance for the German industry. While the number of operating mines in Germany is decreasing, Germany remains a world-class exporter of mining equipment, technology and services (METS) with a growing number of companies exporting their innovative products to Australia.
Further Services of AHK Australien
Business Partner Representation, Business Partner Matching, Market Analysis, Company Incorporation, Tax & Legal and Human Resources
More information about other Services of the German-Australian Chamber can be found here.