Jobs in the Network
Take advantage of our job page by sharing new positions with us. To submit a job offer for the following listing, please send an e-mail with the required job description as PDF together with the desired e-mail address or website to apply. Please note that only member companies may submit job advertisements. To find out more about membership, please click here.
- International Focus
- Chatswood office
- Immediate Start
thyssenkrupp Materials Australia Pty Ltd has recently merged its Materials Services businesses in Australia. This has strengthened its position as a leading company in the diverse industries of Steel Trading, Non-Ferrous Distribution and Construction and is reknown for importing a broad range of steel, steel-related, non-ferrous and construction related products into the Australian and New Zealand markets.
To support this successful business on its path to further growth we are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join our Centralised Services team in Chatswood, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the Divisional General Managers as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Reports to the Chief Financial Officer
- Prepares monthly and other reports to Head Office in Germany (actual/forecast/budget/cash flow)
- Ensures appropriate application of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant statutory as well as thyssenkrupp Group policies and procedures
- Works closely with various internal and external stakeholders of the divisions and the business overall
- Overseeing, combined with hands-on responsibility for some divisions for their monthly/quarterly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, General Ledger reconciliations, cash management, journal entries and reporting as required
- Other duties and responsibilities (regular/ad-hoc) as required and determined with the Chief Financial Officer from time to time
As the successful applicant you will have/be:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, Business or a related discipline gained either locally or abroad.
- Senior qualified professional with 2+ years post qualification experience and at least 3 years in Finance/Accounting roles.
- Significant financial and analytical skills within a commercial environment, preferably within a larger group with international exposure.
- Proficient in Excel and a common ERP System (ideally SAP).
- Experience with consolidation software (ideally SAP@KONS)
- Excellent communication skills as this position requires ongoing liaison with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail with a focus on teamwork.
- Thriving in a fast paced environment and display a high level of enthusiasm to contribute to the team and overall performance of the company.
- German language skills (preferred, but not a must)
To submit your application please send a cover letter and your CV to thomas.goerges(at)thyssenkrupp.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
PIA Services is a professional and highly flexible boutique accounting firm, assisting international corporations to establish a presence in Australia. From setting up an entity with ASIC, to lodgement of income tax returns and ongoing compliance, we provide a fully integrated ‘one-stop shop’.
PIA owes its success to an enthusiastic and professional commitment to its growing clientele base, not only providing services as a third party but becoming a vital part of our clients’ business and making sure all internal and external compliance requirements are met.
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team with an experienced Senior Accountant to be located in Mornington.
- High level profile multi-national corporate client base
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Competitive salary package
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing own client base
- Preparation of management reports
- Preparation of BAS and IAS
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of tax returns
- Attending to clients’ audits
- CA/CPA qualified (or working towards)
- 5+ years experience, ideally within a multi-national environment
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Hands on working approach
- Strong Xero knowledge
- Ability to speak German would be desired
- Australian working visa required, we do not offer a sponsorship visa
Please send your CV and cover letter to info(at)piaservices.com.au
Das Goethe-Institut sucht für die Standorte Sydney und Melbourne motivierte DEUTSCHLEHRER / DEUTSCHLEHRERINNEN
Das Goethe-Institut e. V. ist das weltweit tätige Kulturinstitut der Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Wir fördern die Kenntnis der deutschen Sprache im Ausland und pflegen die internationale kulturelle Zusammenarbeit. Wir vermitteln ein umfassendes aktuelles Deutschlandbild und informieren über das kulturelle, gesellschaftliche und politische Leben in Deutschland.
Einstellungsvoraussetzungen / Lehrerqualifikation
- über eine australische Arbeitserlaubnis oder die australische Staatsbürgerschaft verfügen
- einen fachbezogenen Hochschulabschluss, vorzugsweise DaF und/oder Germanistik, ggfs. andere fremdsprachliche Philologie haben
- deutsche/r Muttersprachler/in sind oder über muttersprachliche Kompetenz im Deutschen verfügen,
- DaF-Lehrerfahrung, vorzugsweise im Erwachsenenbereich, haben
- ein/eine begeisterte/r und engagierte/r Lehrer/in sind
dann sind Sie vielleicht die Person, nach der wir suchen.
Einarbeitung / Hospitationsphase
- Hospitation von mindestens vier Kurstreffen (12 UE)
- Durchführung von mindestens einer Probeunterrichtseinheit von je 1 UE unter Aufsicht der betreuenden GI-Lehrkraft (mit Vor- und Nachbesprechung)
Bitte beachten Sie, dass das Goethe-Institut kein Visa-Sponsoring übernehmen kann.
Schicken Sie bitte Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen an:
für Sydney: Eliza Doneva
für Melbourne: Kathrin McMillan
German-speaking Early Childhood Educators
- We are offering part-time and full-time permanent or fixed-term roles
- Work in a contemporary centre in either Sydney or Melbourne
- Receive a competitive salary and fantastic employee benefits
FROEBEL Australia is a boutique not-for-profit provider of bilingual early childhood education and care services. Our program focuses on immersive language learning as well as inquiry-based early learning by implementing the Little Scientists program. Please visit our FROEBEL website and our Facebook page to learn more about us!
We are looking for enthusiastic & committed German speaking early childhood educators & teachers for our centres.
We offer you:
- a part-time and full-time permanent or fixed-term roles
- a salary substantially above Modern Award
- allocated planning time each week
- generous professional development opportunities
- an employee well-being program with regular initiatives (e.g. free flu-shots, fruit boxes, corporate yoga rates, ticket competitions)
- an employee assistance program (free counselling)
- a happy workplace with a supportive and collaborative team.
We need you to:
- have German language skills on a native level
- have the right to live and work in Australia
- hold an approved CertificateIII or Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Teaching or be working towards such qualification; please note that if you hold an overseas qualification, this must be approved by ACECQA (please see https://tinyurl.com/yb73p6ob)
- have excellent English language skills
- have a keen interest in bilingual education and inquiry-based learning
- have a sunny personality with a positive attitude!
If you are interested, please send us your resume and a short cover letter outlining why you applied for a role with FROEBEL to jobs(at)froebel.com.au.
Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.
Web Content Editor/ Copywriter
The Goethe-Institut in Sydney is seeking applications for the part-time position (50%, 19hrs/week) of a WEB CONTENT EDITOR/ COPYWRITER starting on 14 August 2019.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural liaison between Germany and Australia. We are a not- for-profit, independent cultural organisation with global reach. Our mandate is to promote the study of the German language abroad, and to encourage and facilitate international cultural exchange.
The Goethe-Institut has 159 branches in 98 countries. Our branch in Melbourne was founded in 1972, followed by the Sydney branch in 1974. We work with partners and networks across Australia.
- Write, edit and/or proofread our webpages in close cooperation with our departments
- Ensure the consistent look and feel of our website
- Assist with content for our social media outlets
- Collaborate with our team, based in Melbourne and Sydney and maintain regular communication with our head office in Munich
- Support management with the strategic development of our website www.goethe.de/australia, including our social media channels
- Proven experience in online writing, editing and content management of a large multi-purpose website
- Strong written and oral communication ability in English (native speaker) and working knowledge of German
- Good knowledge of the cultural and educational scenes of Australia and Germany
- Team player with great communicational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable, well organised and ready to work on a flexible schedule (occasionally working from home)
- Proficient in MS-Office and social media
- Interest in other cultures and a high intercultural competence
Your salary will be in the range of A$ 33,714 to 38,770 p.a. (depending on previous experience) + 10% superannuation.
Please send your application including the usual documents in electronic form no later than 15 July 2019 to recruiting-australia(at)goethe.de
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Interviews will be held at our institute in Sydney from 1st of August onwards.
The German Saturday School is looking for a teacher for its ‘prep VCE’ class (preparing for the German VCE exam) commencing Term 3, 2019.
What we are looking for
• Qualified teachers of German or professionals without teaching qualifications but with experience in teaching German language (e.g. tutoring German)
• A high level of written and verbal communication skills and a high level of interpersonal skills including the capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and other staff
What we offer
• Competitive rates of pay
• An enjoyable working environment
• Professional development training
• Support and help to settle in
Interested applicants should send a CV to the principal, Anja Kazmeier: anja.kazmeier(at)germansaturdayschool.org.au
Expression of Interest: Part-time/casual positions in "Deutscher Kindergarten" program
DerDieDas Inc. was founded in late 2018 and aims to provide children aged between 3-5 years who have a solid German language background with an engaging German language and culture learning environment, facilitated through a “Deutscher Kindergarten”-style program which currently runs once per week near Carnegie train station.
We are seeking part-time staff and /or casual staff to join our team.
- the chance to join a motivated, supportive team who will welcome your input as we work together to build upon a successful pilot to establish a “Deutscher Kindergarten”-style program,
- an opportunity to gather experience towards further career progression, with both teaching and administrative roles to be filled,
- flexible work arrangements (casual positions especially might suit energetic retirees), and
- working with an enthusiastic and lively group of young learners in a Child Safe organisation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- are a German native speaker (or have excellent German language proficiency),
- have/are studying towards a minimum Certificate III in Children’s Services (or equivalent), or a primary school teaching qualification,
- are passionate about working with young children,
- have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and community members, and
- have a sunny personality with a positive attitude.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job, with at least 6 months remaining on your visa, and employment will be subject to Working With Children and Police Checks. Please also note that in order to provide the children with a consistent language immersion, all communication will be in German.
To let us know you’re interested, please send an email to Julia at derdiedas.hr(at)gmail.com quoting DDD4/19 and including:
- your resume,
- your qualifications: early childhood/primary school qualifications, first aid training, WWCC, etc,
- your potential availability (minimum ½-day per week, M-F),
- your preference/interest for teaching/admin and casual/part time roles, and
- contact details of 2 referees.
Wir freuen uns, von euch zu hören!
Editor/Writer DPA Writing Desk Sydney
dpa is looking for an experienced Editor/Writer for our English desk in Sydney
(12-month maternity cover from August 1, 2019)
- Plan, coordinate and drive coverage of stories from around the world
- Write and edit stories under rolling deadline pressure [24-hour wire]
- Work closely with reporters in the field to get accurate news to the wire quickly
- Communicate with our desk in Berlin
- Cooperate closely with dpa’s German service
- Manage our website, communicate with our clients, select photos, tweet breaking news
What we are looking for:
- At least two years of full-time editing experience in the news media
- Flexibility and willingness to work early mornings, some evenings, two weekends a month
- Advanced-level professional competency in English
- Working knowledge of German preferred
Please contact DPA directly for further information
Thomas Cronenberg at dpa in Sydney
landline 9322 8064
mobile 0457 552884
dpa news website: http://www.dpa-international.com/