We help you to establish a business presence in Australia
The Australian market offers excellent opportunities for German small and medium-sized companies when it comes to expanding business activities beyond the borders of the domestic market. Engaging our Business Representation Services provides a gateway for your company to start and expand your business activities in the Australian market.
Take advantage of our long-standing expertise and in-depth knowledge of the Australian market and local customers’ expectations. Our team of bilingual professionals is familiar with the Australian market and local business practices and specialised in assisting you to establish a permanent presence. We also represent your company in Australia, while keeping your costs and financial risks at a minimum.
Engaging our Business Representation Australia - services provides a gateway for your company to start and expand your business activities in the Australian market. You will receive an Australian business address in Sydney or Melbourne CBD as well as a phone number extension dedicated to your company. Furthermore, a member of our team will act as the direct contact for your company in Australia. Choose from our additional services, tailored to your requirements to progressively develop your Australian business, while keeping your costs in check.
Your benefits at a glance
- Direct project launch
- Flexible use of a range of business support services, with full control of costs and access to the German-Australian Chamber’s existing office infrastructure
- Tailored support from your designated, bilingual GACIC project manager handling all Australian business matters of your company
- Exclusive access to all member companies of the GACIC and a global Chamber network providing in depth market knowledge
- 12 months free corporate membership with the Chamber* (*business representation term must be minimum 12 months).
What you get
Your address in Australia
- Australian business address
- Handling of your incoming correspondence
- Forwarding correspondence to you by post or email
Your Back Office and Business Development Support
- Establish your Australian phone number
- Registration of an Australian internet address, including an email inbox [KH1]
- Possibility of using the AHK meeting and conference rooms
- Customer support to your Australian clients and business partners
- Answering calls in your company’s name
- Serving customers or business partners
- Order processing (forwarding of correspondence, coordinating the delivery of goods, tracking of invoices)
- Travel planning for your employees and accompanying you to meetings with local customers (upon request)
- Store checks and sample purchases, including organising shipment to the parent company
- Market research and observation
- Acquisition activities and customer support
- Trade fair preparation and support
- The organisation of company events
- Developing or adapting marketing material