Canberra Delegation 2019
2600 Australian Capital Territory
- 21.10.2019 | 18:00
- 22.10.2019 | 18:00
COST: $2000 plus GST.
The delegation is open to all member organisations of the German-Australian Chamber. Please contact Kerrie Thornton, Government Affairs Coordinator, for further information and to express your interest in participating. Phone 0417 437 144 or email
Back by popular demand the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce has organised an exciting program for member organisations which would like to experience Canberra from the insider’s perspective.
The delegation will focus on energy and trade policy as well as skills and education for the future economy (including Industry 4.0).
Those who join the delegation will experience:
- Dinner with the Australian National University Vice-Chancellor, Nobel Laureate and member of the Government’s former Australia-Germany Advisory Group, Professor Brian Schmidt AC;
- Breakfast at Parliament House with Government Ministers, MPs and Senators;
- Meetings at Parliament House with Government Ministers and Shadow Ministers in the Trade, Energy. Employment/Skills and Industrial Relations portfolios;
- Lunch and live televised address at the National Press Club;
- Briefings from experts at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI);
The delegation program will start on Monday 21 October at 6pm and finish on Tuesday 22 October by 6pm, so only one-night accommodation in Canberra will be required and will be organised by the German-Australian Chamber.