Breakfast Forum: Current Energy Policy Challenges for Australia and Germany
Join the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce for a Breakfast Forum held in cooperation with the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung - Regional Programme Australia and the Pacific and supported by our member Bird & Bird, discussing current energy policy issues for Australia and Germany.
Energy Policy addresses the needs of energy users, energy producers and the environment and has been a focus of the political debate over the last few years in Australia and even in Germany. Our panel of experts will elaborate on the energy policy challenges and related issues that Germany and other European countries are facing and then offer a comparative look at the situation in Australia. The event will discuss possible solutions provided by international experts and what can be learned from international experiences, including the German Energiewende (energy transition).
Our experts include:
• Rebecca Burdon, Managing Director at Australian-German Energy Transition Hub
• James Durnall, Partner, Corporate & Projects, Energy & Utilities at Bird & Bird
• Dr Joachim Pfeiffer, Member of the German Bundestag, Spokesperson for Economic and Energy Policy of the CDU&CSU Parliamentary Group
• Prof Dr Friedbert Pflueger, Executive Director, European Centre for Energy and Resource Security (EUCERS) at King's College London
• Christoph Freiherr von Spesshardt, Director Public Affairs & Strategy at Knauf Pty Ltd
• Dr Michael Zettinig, Director – Events & Governmental Affairs at AHK (moderator)
Join our discussion and get an insight into this complex policy area and raise your questions, while also have the opportunity to network with key stakeholders in the German-Australian energy industry.
Plated breakfast will be served.